Friday 20 April 2012

In Love with Scotland

Who wouldn't want their own personal Mr. Darcy? I mean come on. The accent is so attractive all by itself. But I digress.

There is a lot to love about the U.K. (and not just my husband!). Here are a few:
  • you don't have to drive
  • you don't have to make the bed (you leave it to "air out")
  • you can take a break from hectic life and have a cup of tea
  • you can celebrate extra holidays
  • you can hear cool accents
  • you can explore castles
  • you can have tea parties
  • you can eat amazing cream, chocolate and tea! (And you thought there was no good tasting food in the U.K.!)
Someone once said, If life isn't the way you like it, then like it the way it is. Now that I think about it, I DO love cold, bleak, rainy days. I really do. They give you an excuse to stay at home and make scones, tune up the Scottish folk music, and read a book. When someone knocks on the door, you put down your collection of Burns (or Sir Walter Scott, or Robert Lewis Stevenson) to invite your poor, soaking husband in from work. The Angel of the House has been at work! His eyes light up. "What's for tea?"

No comments:

Post a Comment