Saturday 4 February 2012

Hello World!

With the internet being what it is, I don't doubt another American girl will fall for a British guy (or vice versa) and end up living in a foreign country and I wanted to share some of the angst, experience and advice I have been graced with over the years. Maybe someone else can benefit someday.

Getting married to my British husband and having a baby were some of the best things I ever did. Really. Cross-cultural marriage can be tough. It can also be great. I have had a wonderful experience but I was forewarned it would be difficult and it hasn't been without its trials. But anything worth doing has its ups and downs.

I feel we've been through the wringer with crossing the cultural divide, handling paperwork, getting married, handling paperwork, coping with family issues, and handling paperwork.

But it's worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment